Featuring Emergency Backup Co-Host Chris Sims!
In which Rachel and Chris X-plain three cartoons and track a disagreement to its source; Gambit is definitely the worst person you know; Broadcasting Standards and Practices is tired of your death ceremonies; Storm doesn’t have an inside voice; and we finally get around to mentioning that one dude with the claws.
- Weaponized creepiness
- The evolution (and Evolution) of X-Toons
- Why you hate Cyclops (and Rachel doesn’t)
- Adaptation overload
- Broadcast standards, practices, and laser rifles
- How to order pizza like a weather goddess
- A paramilitary after-school club
- G-Rated Wolverine
- Comics based on cartoons based on comics
- The Batman Standard
- The Wolverine and the X-Men trifecta of perfection
- Why the Mojoverse works better on TV
- Dazzler’s secret second job
- Basic jacketry
CORRECTION: In this episode, Rachel mentions that Morph’s first comics appearance is in Exiles. It’s not: he’s in Age of Apocalypse. Mea culpa.
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.