In which it’s pretty much always terrible to be Magik; Y is a sometimes vowel; Wolfsbane is a secret Disney Princess; feelings ruin everything; and Gossamyr may or may not be an allegory (but is pretty interesting either way).
- What Lila Cheney is up to these days
- New Mutants #67-70
- Gratuitous space spelling
- The Accountants
- Magneto’s ongoing slide into supervillainy
- A few fairly specific elements of teen-girl social dynamics
- Wolfsbane’s greatest desire
- Practical logistics of teleporting aliens into a sun
- Approaching the X-books as a new writer
- Who we’d put on an all-X-Men trivia team
NEXT EPISODE: BabyRace 2000; and Archangel vs. Cameron Hodge
Special thanks to Kieron Gillen for the X-pert consult; and to Arvin Bautista for the use of “I Will Steal Your Heart.”
- Illyana’s descent continues
- S’ym gains near-complete control of Limbo
- First instances of possessed machinery and architecture
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!