Choose Our Adventure – Evolution Edition!

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 2.40.03 PM

On September 4, we’ll be sitting down to record our 2016 Giant-Size Summer Special and second-ever tabletop episode.

In 2015, game writer and designer and friend of the podcast Logan Bonner has modified the amazing old Marvel Super Hero Adventures game to be played as it was never intended: in the spirit of the 90s animated series! This year, he’s joining us again–this time with an adventure set in the world of X-Men: Evolution!

In addition to Logan, we’ll be joined at the gaming table by two guests: returning X-Pert Max Carleton of Waiting for the Trade and I Love Television; and writer, developer, and all-around badass Crystal Frasier!

But first, we’ve got a job for you…

1. David says:

Looking over the options I wish I had a tabletop group so I could run a game where everybody plays Multiple Man. It’d be the closest thing to Paranoia: X-Men Edition!

2. I just want to say that b/c of the 2015 summer special my gaming group hunted down a complete set of Marvel Super Hero SAGA books/cards on eBay and when our D&D campaign ended started late Bronze Age style superhero game with an occult focus called “Urban Legend” using those rules.

So thanks!

3. Rumda says:

Everyone is Shadowcat

4. alex says:

I may have selected Avalanche for Miles just because Avalanche is the yellow game board piece no one actually likes. (Apologies for stealing your joke)

5. Adnor says:

I’m sorry Max, you’re great and all, but if you are going to need a Shadowcat in the game, I choose to sacrifice you (But picked Magma as a first option).

6. ray says:

I… I don’t know what to choose. There are too many good options!

7. D, Observed by a family of lizard-people says:

Sadly, I was thinking that Miles should play Shadowcat before I started reading any of the questions.

8. Sol says:

Wait, is whoever plays Shadowcat required to play utterly lame Evolution Shadowcat? Ick.

9. David says:

I’m so torn… I think Miles would have a ball playing Boom Boom, but I have a lot of Nightcrawler loyalties. And the German exchange student with the lame jokes version of Nightcrawler reminds me of actually quite a few people I knew in high school.

10. Mari-e says:

Oooh, can’t wait. The previous one was one of my favorite podcasts ever.

11. ca_lazerdawrf says:

Though if we get Multiple Man and Havok, I really want to have Strong Guy

12. W. H. Rad says:

I voted for Max to play Multiple Man because that’s the one who would have the most teeth. Teeeeeth!

13. Adam says:

This could be the strangest poll I’ve ever seen, but I vote Max to voice Jean as I think he’d be delightful at it.

14. Tetra says:

Jay, are you planning on being Vulcan next year to complete the set?

15. Toby Fathom says:

Does Jay really not want to repeat characters? Because Evolution Cyclops is why I gave one of my now-favorite characters a chance.