125 – Giant-Size Special #4

Art by David Wynne. Prints and cards available at the shop, or contact David to purchase the original.

In which Logan Bonner, Max Carleton, and Crystal Frasier hike up their boxers and join us at the gaming table for an X-Men: Evolution tabletop adventure; what happens in virtual reality stays in virtual reality; Shadowcat is great at boats; Jubilee and Boom Boom blow up everything; Havok tries; and Team Reckless Endangerment wins the day!

FEATURING:

• Logan Bonner as Writer and Gamemaster / Erik the Rad
  • Max Carleton as the Shadowcat / Pirate Kitty
  • Crystal Frasier as Jubilee / the Genie
  • Jay Edidin as Havok / the Corsair
  • Miles Stokes as Boom Boom / Boomavara

NEXT EPISODE: Live from RCCC, with Greg Pak!

You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!

Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!

1. Steven Jones says:

Don’t be offended that there are no comments; this is going to take a while

Also, DRAGONLANCE FOREVER

2. Andrew says:

This episode was fantastic. I don’t have a lot of familiarity with X-Men Evolution, but was able to jump in pretty easily, and had a lot of fun listening.

3. Thiago de souza santos says:

Can’t believe Princess Jean didn’t scream “Scott” and passed out…

Yes, that IS a very… explode-y line up.

Makes me wonder why there HASN’T been an X-title called “X-plosive” or “X-plosion”

5. David says:

Very fun. I enjoyed it. OK… here comes my (admittedly over-thought) analysis:

I thought that, the whole time, Logan was hinting that the woman they rescued WASN’T Jean, but was rather Madeline. He said that she “looked like” Jean, and she was in love with Alex. I felt like Jay just wasn’t getting the hint. But I was probably just overthinking it. Still, pretty fun set-up and well-played all around!

• David says:

Argh. “Madelyne,” not “Madeline.” I always forget if it’s Madelyne Prior” or “Madeline Pryor.” I know that there’s one with an “i” and one with a “y,” but I never remember which is which. Mea culpa.

6. David says:

Okay, I’m only 1:20 into the episode (I have to save my podcasts for commutes!) but I LOST MY MIND when Erik the Rad introduced himself. Absolute god-damned genius.

7. Adnor says:

This episode was explosively rad!

Tubular even!

8. BrandonH says:

Your X-Men RPG sessions are amazing! They capture the humor, melodrama, and inherent goofiness of some of the setting while not getting bogged down in game mechanics. Are you considering doing one for Wolverine & the X-Men next year?