Listen to the episode here.
Tag Archive for actual history
In which we play Evolutionary War Mad-Libs; it’s probably a bad sign when Apocalypse decides you need an intervention; Dani is (briefly) the new Doug; horses are jerks; it’s probably really dangerous to be Longshot; Storm has the coolest friends; the High Evolutionary is very high indeed; and we make a (very token) nod to Valentine’s Day.
- Secret Origins of the High Evolutionary
- Evolutionary War
- The actual history of eugenics in America
- X-Factor Annual #3
- New Mutants Annual #4
- Uncanny X-Men Annual #12
- Classic X-Men #22
- Purifiers (but not those purifiers)
- How to tell when an event has major psychic repercussions
- A Silver-Age callback
- An Apocalypse-style intervention
- Toga Steve (Val-Or)
- The return of Bulk and Glow Worm
- Equal-opportunity Hellfire lingerie
- Mirage’s power upgrade
- Miles vs. puberty vs. Uncanny X-Men
- The coolest civilization ever
- Colossus’s illegitimate kid
- The cutest sound effect
- Origins of the Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle
- Stuff Jay likes and Miles doesn’t
- The Elle Collins Theory of Podcast Roles
NEXT EPISODE: Captain Britain!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!