In which Jay has exciting news, Rick Leonardo draws an impressively creepy mad scientist’s lair, the clouds are purple and so is the prose, Powers of X gets a subtle prequel 21 years early, Cable’s own tolerance has finally reached zero, and we summarize Bastion’s backstory way, way faster than Bastion does.
- Machine Man (X-51) (Aaron Stack)
- Operation Zero Tolerance (more) (again)
- Jay’s upcoming parental leave
- Bastion (Sebastion Gilberti)
- Powerman 5000
- Cable & Machine Man Annual 1998
- Hobgits and their sound effects
- Street Fighter: the Roleplaying Game
- Batroc ze Lepair
- Jack Kirby’s 2001: A Space Odyssey
- X-51 / X-23 overlaps
- Classic Summers Family Bullshit
- Psionic soapboxes
- What makes Bastion a compelling villain
- The necessity of companions
- Master Mold 3.0 & Nimrod 2.0
- Machine Man & Bastion Annual 1998
- Terrible font choices
- Cable vs. floors
- The carbon footprint of robotic fascism
- Marvel Comics Presents #17-24 (just a little)
- Incredible Hulk Annual #7 (just a tad)
- The Siege Perilous
- The future of Machine Man
- The hypothetical 2022 version of Bastion
- Historical events in which we’d love to see long-lived mutants take part
NEXT WEEK: We take a break for the holidays!
IN TWO WEEKS: The Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men 2022 Giant-Size Winter Special!
LINKS AND FURTHER READING
In which there’s always room for another X-cast; Cecilia Reyes wasn’t even supposed to be here today; Sabra has indestructible underwear; prime sentinels are probably even worse pets than quail; Marrow probably swears more than superhero comics allow for; and Operation Zero Tolerance comes to an end.
- The original proposed ending of Operation Zero Tolerance
- The actual ending of Operation Zero Tolerance
- X-Men #66-69
- Operation Zero Tolerance (so far)
- Prime Sentinels (again)
- Bastion (more) (again)
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends
- Cecilia Reyes
- The most reluctant X-Men
- Miles’s least favorite X-Men story
- Superheroes who wear white
- Wizard dogs
- Indestructible undergarments
- Angie Quail
- Candy Southern (again)
- Actual quail
- Metal Gear Solid
- Officers Aguinal and Cleaveland
- The sound of a soul losing its shape
- One of many problems with the carceral system
- What men do in bathrooms
- A showdown
- Operation Zero Tolerance in retrospect
- Silly superhero names
- Non-mutant characters who pair well with X-Men
NEXT WEEK: Hawk Talk
NEXT EPISODE: Bastion’s secret origin!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!