(Also, at LONG last: THE RESULTS OF THE 2014 SUPER DOCTOR ASTRONAUT PETER CORBEAU COLORING CONTEST!)
While the Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau Awards for Excellence in X-Cellence* officially made their debut in this week’s Giant-Size Special, we wanted to take a moment to revisit them: the X-books, creators, and concepts that rocked our year.
Also, last year, we did a Corbeau Coloring Contest, kept extending the deadline, and then forgot about it entirely, because we are slightly terrible. HOWEVER, we have collected all of the entries, and we are AT LONG LAST prepared to declare a definitive winner, which you can find below the 2015 awards.
If your name–or a project to which you contributed–appears on the list below, and you would like an actual, physical Corbeau Award to hang on your wall, please drop us a line, and we will make and mail you one. It will be beautiful, classy, and possibly wearable.
AND SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE 2015 SUPER DOCTOR ASTRONAUT PETER CORBEAU AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN X-CELLENCE:
- Best X-Writer – Dennis Hopeless
- Best X-Artist – Mike Norton
- Best X-Colorist – Jordie Bellaire
- Best Soap Opera – Inferno
- Irene Adler Award for Most Anticipated Upcoming Book or Series – X-Men ’92ongoing
- Harvey and Janet Award for Best Walk-On – Falcon Pirate (Wolverines #1)
- About Damn Time – Iceman comes out (All-New X-Men #40 and X-Men #600)
- Cyclops Has a Good Day Award – Uncanny X-Men #600
- Shameless Pandering – X-Men ’92
- MetaCorbeau for Exemplary Use of Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau in a Comic Book – Al Ewing (Mighty Avengers #8)
- Best Ongoing X-Series – X-Force (w: Si Spurrier; a: various)
- Rising Star – Wolverine (Laura Kinney)
- Best Withering Sneers* – Kristafer Anka
- The Didn’t-Fit-Into-Any-Other-Categories-and-Isn’t-Technically-an-X-Book-but-We-Wanted-to-Give-It-an-Award-Anyway Award – Siege (w: Kieron Gillen, a: Filipe Andrade)
- Still the Best Listeners of Any Podcast, Ever – YOU. Again.**
*Kris Anka owns this category so thoroughly that, in the name of fairness, he will be disqualified starting in 2016; at which point the name of this category will officially change to the Kristafer Anka Award for Best Withering Sneer in an X-Book.
**Seriously. We may be a wee bit biased; but honestly, you’re just wildly unfair to the competition.
CLASSIC CORBEAUS (for older X-material covered in the podcast during 2015)
- Buried Treasure – Fallen Angels
- You Tried – Magneto (New Mutants)
- Jack Kirby Award for Best Intersection of Weird and Epic in a Single Character Design – Walter Simonson (Archangel, X-Factor)
- Improbably Endearing Moppet – Franklin Richards
- High Bar Award – Bill Sienkiewicz (New Mutants)
- Most Heroic Hair – Alan Davis
- Most Organized Supervillain – Cameron Hodge
Finally, FINALLY, it is our great pleasure to congratulate Lauren Evelyn, the winner of the 2014 Corbeau Coloring Contest and the official Listener Corbeau for this super rad collage:
The runners-up were really splendid–we’re super impressed with how many of them involved physical media–so we’ve collected them in the gallery below. Thank you, so much, to everyone who entered–and to all of you, for once again being the (official!) best listeners of any podcast, ever!