Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which Alan Davis performs his pièce de résistance; the personification of Death is surprisingly supportive; Rachel Summers is the One True Phoenix; Kitty Pryde goes full ’90s; syntax saves the world; and the first Excalibur series should really have ended with #67.
- Origins of Phoenix mythology
- Excalibur #61-67
- The Phoenix Force (more) (again)
- Rachel Summers (more) (again)
- Earth-811 (more) (again)
- Phoenix vs. Galactus
- A pep talk from Death
- The One True Phoenix
- The dark, distant future of 2013
- The dark, even more distant future of 2015
- The extremely complicated future of Kate Pryde
- Rory Campbell / Ahab
- What may or may not be Ahab’s theme song
- Moby Dick, kind of
- That one time Widget was a car
- Resistance Coordination Executive
- Dark Angel
- An Excalibur #54 callback
- Excalibur (the gun)
- Kitty’s new image
- How to hack the robot apocalypse
- Saved by the Bell: The College Years
- Where Excalibur should have ended
- Tactical use of Magneto’s hat
- Anti-assimilation stories in X-Men
NEXT EPISODE: The Passion of Butter Rum (feat. Austin Gorton)
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)