In which we meet Miles’s favorite X-Man; Longshot is Secret Wars II done right; we are fairly committed to the idea of Ann Nocenti as a post-apocalyptic daredevil superhero; Longshot is patient zero of the ‘90s; Ricochet Rita is the best; luck is a zero-sum commodity; Mojo is legitimately terrifying; and nuance is Longshot’s secret weakness.
- The Body Shop
- Several ill-advised body swaps
- Rachel Summers Syndrome
- The evolution of Art Adams
- The metaphysics of luck
- The secret origin of pouches
- A large number of pop culture allusions
- Glam survivalists
- Moral complexity
- Ricochet Rita
- The social economics of jetpacks
- A whole lot of social satire and commentary
- Star Slammers
- The Mojoverse
- Luck as a zero-sum commodity
- Longshot and Dazzler’s star sigils
- Finding (or creating) your comics community
NEXT WEEK: The Trial of Magneto!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Support us on Patreon!