Listen to the episode here.
96 – Horsemen of the Playground
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which we play Evolutionary War Mad-Libs; it’s probably a bad sign when Apocalypse decides you need an intervention; Dani is (briefly) the new Doug; horses are jerks; it’s probably really dangerous to be Longshot; Storm has the coolest friends; the High Evolutionary is very high indeed; and we make a (very token) nod to Valentine’s Day.
- Secret Origins of the High Evolutionary
- Evolutionary War
- The actual history of eugenics in America
- X-Factor Annual #3
- New Mutants Annual #4
- Uncanny X-Men Annual #12
- Classic X-Men #22
- Purifiers (but not those purifiers)
- How to tell when an event has major psychic repercussions
- A Silver-Age callback
- An Apocalypse-style intervention
- Toga Steve (Val-Or)
- The return of Bulk and Glow Worm
- Equal-opportunity Hellfire lingerie
- Mirage’s power upgrade
- Miles vs. puberty vs. Uncanny X-Men
- The coolest civilization ever
- Colossus’s illegitimate kid
- The cutest sound effect
- Origins of the Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle
- Stuff Jay likes and Miles doesn’t
- The Elle Collins Theory of Podcast Roles
NEXT EPISODE: Captain Britain!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy prints (or travel mugs) of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!