In which writing X-books requires a somewhat different approach to continuity than writing about them; time is weird; Jay overthinks fictional publications; Scott Summers is (at least sometimes) Autistic; Sinister is not subtle; and no story is the whole story.
- Marvels Snapshots
- X-Men: Marvels Snapshots #1
- Why Cyclops is worth caring about
- Fictional publications
- Intent vs. ownership of characters
- The difference between writing X-books and writing about X-books
- The irreconcilable continuity tangle of Scott Summers’s childhood
- Limitations of plaid pants
- What ended up on the cutting room floor
- Other pitches
- Cyclops’s best outfit
NEXT EPISODE: Dream Nails
- You can get X-Men: Marvels Snapshots #1 from your local comics shop–or online over here.
- And listen to Thor: Metal Gods over at Serial Box!
No visual companion this week; see above for links!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!