Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which almost everyone is better than Romulus; Barry Windsor-Smith continues to draw the best naked X-Men; Jay has strong feelings about Wolverine’s origins; Miles still hasn’t seen The Prisoner; when in doubt, it’s probably Kang the Conqueror and/or Mystique; we remain unqualified to give bear-fighting advice; you should not hide out in a nuclear reactor; and the Coffee-a-Go-Go has probably been turned into a new-wave sushi bar or something.
- The Professor (Truett Hudson)
- Jay & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Marvel Comics Presents #72-84
- “Weapon X”
- Backstory attrition
- A really good opening montage
- Some very effective use of color
- Healing hair
- The original villain behind Weapon X
- A retconned origin of Wolverine’s claws
- Dr. Abraham Cornelius
- Carol Hines
- Terry Gilliam’s Weapon X
- Audio vs. text-based mind control
- An action figure in dubious taste
- The Milgram Experiment
- An adaptation we’d like to see
- A bad place to hide
- Subsequent “Weapon X” retcons
- How Cyclops’s powers have (and haven’t) developed
- Jay’s general failure at X-tourism
NEXT WEEK: More MCP, featuring “The Retribution Affair” and “God’s Country”!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)