Listen to the episode here.
In which New Mutants #64 is the saddest single issue of any X-book ever; the New Mutants have to grow up fast; Warlock comes to terms with mortality; The Last of Us is harder to play the second time; Tattoo Tales: X-Men: Masquerade is delightfully unhinged; animated Cyclops is totally the worst; Beast probably has a terrible garage band; Jean starts a kitchen fire; and Wolverine saves Jubilee’s birthday.
- The saddest issue ever
- New Mutants #64
- The only okay way to watch Grave of the Fireflies
- The aftermath of Doug Ramsey’s death
- Several unhealthy coping mechanisms
- The Last of Us
- Tattoo Tales: X-Men: Masquerade
- Some varyingly impressive costumes
- General irresponsibility
- Why Wolverine is wearing a clown suit
- The New Mutants’ D&D alignments
NEXT WEEK: You never forget your first Ship.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!