Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which we return to Rose City Comic Con and somehow manage to one-up last year’s Stryfe cold open; Greg Pak has secretly written all of the X-books; Cullen Bunn may or may not be watching you RIGHT NOW; the X-Men distill down to murder and kissing; Toshiro Mifune should be everybody; Miles swears first (for once); and we can’t wait to see all of your X-Men roller derby names!
- Cold open escalation
- Greg Pak
- Continuity exegesis
- Marrying history and narrative
- Murder and kissing
- X-Treme X-Men vol. 2
- Reimagining characters across the multiverse
- Governor-General James Howlett
- Magneto: Testament
- Where superheroes should and shouldn’t intersect with geopolitical events
- Our X-Men buddy-cop duos of choice
- X-Commencement speakers
- X-Men roller derby names
- Contemporary vs. retrospective representations of current events
NEXT WEEK: The New Mutants go to Asgard!
There’s not exactly a visual companion to this episode, but you can find a Rose City Comic Con gallery on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
No prints for sale this time, but you can still contact David Wynne for the original of this week’s illustration!