Listen to the episode here.
In which Jubilee is the sassiest Xenomorph; Lady Deathstrike is way too good for the Reavers; Wolverine gets a sidekick; Forge arm wrestles the Shadow King; Moira takes a cavalier approach lab safety; Magneto’s motives get kind of reconciled; Legion is a chaos gamer; Mystique and Destiny break our hearts; queer erasure in fiction reflects erasure in life; and the Shadow King is not even a little bit subtle.
- That one time Donald Pierce pretended to be Cyclops for like a year
- The post X-Men X-Men
- What may be our deepest cut yet
- Uncanny X-Men #252-255
- Where’s Wolverine?
- The Reaver Bunch
- Major-League lumpoids
- Robot dingoes
- A prescient vision
- Trouble at sea
- Several significant deaths
- Subtext and queer erasure
- The key of agony
- Smile noises
- Non-mutants we’d team up with the X-Men
NEXT WEEK: Back to Asgard!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
In which we bid a fond farewell to Bill Sienkiewicz; Secret Wars II continues to ruin everything; the New Mutants end up in an improbable number of gladiatorial arenas; Shadowcat’s secondary mutation is queer subtext; Magik gives no fucks about your crossover event; Warlock transcends storytelling conventions; and Karma rejoins the team.
- The chronologically inconsistent mobility of Professor Xavier
- The Shadow King
- New Mutants #29-34
- Steve Leialoha
- The Arena (more) (again)
- Evil group projects
- Easter eggs
- Rachel Summers: butch fashion icon
- Some major failures of positive size diversity in comics
- The incredible changing Guthries
- The wickedest club in Cairo
- Default X-teams
- Cypher’s powers
NEXT WEEK: Miles and Elisabeth Allie X-Plain X-Men / Alpha Flight
No visual companion this week, because, reasons.
Support us on Patreon!