In which space bugs break time; you may already be a member of Excalibur; Earth-616 remains somewhat baffled by basic telecommunications technology; you should absolutely not order monkeys from an ad in a comic book; Widget gets a new look; Excalibur gets a new logo; Merlin X-Plains everything; and Rachel gets in touch with her roots.
- The Timebroker
- Excalibur #48-50
- What “fair use” doesn’t mean
- Penis bones, revisited
- Prophylactic levitation
- Several inaccurate flashbacks
- Someone who is neither a Nazi nor Charles Xavier
- Necrom (again)
- The art of heroic exposition
- Monastic population maintenance
- Mail-order monkeys
- Widget’s new look
- Kylun’s mutant power
- Several alternate Excaliburs
- The True Secret Purpose of Excalibur
- The new Excalibur logo
- Fighting weird with weird
- A whole lot of history
- Phoenix vs. Anti-Phoenix
- Some very epic thwarting
- The end of an era
- Alan Davis’s Excalibur
- How we work alternate timelines into coverage
- Bishop and Deathbird as a couple
NEXT EPISODE: Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure and Bloody Choices!
UPDATE: Apparently the dead mail-order monkeys were apocryphal, although we were able to dig up some fairly nightmarish accounts of live mail-order monkeys. …Yay?
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!