Listen to the episode here!
LINKS & FURTHER RECORDINGS:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
In which Chris Eddleman joins us for a close look at House of X and Powers of X; Doug Ramsey is highly relevant; resurrection is problematic in a universe with a documented afterlife; there is no reasonable in-continuity justification for the lack of trans Marvel characters; and your OT3 is canon.
- The Phalanx (more) (again) (retconned)
- House of X
- Powers of X
- Krakoa (more) (again) (retconned)
- Moira MacTaggert (retconned)
- Bar Sinister
- Sinister Secrets
- Portentous red shoes
- The Man-Machine Ascendancy
- Homo Novissima
- Transhumanism in the Marvel Universe
- The metaphysics of Krakoan resurrection
- The Five
- The true nature of Goldballs’ powers
- Trans representation and its absence
- Retroactive foreshadowing
NEXT EPISODE: Still not quite Generation X
CORRECTION: The story Jay referred to as “Everything Burns” is in fact titled “Time Runs Out,” although a good many things do burn over its course.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!