In which we enter our fourth century of podcasting with brand new theme music; we have both Wolverine questions and wolverine questions; it is extremely rough to be Bishop; the creator of Garfield may or may not live in a sewer on Earth-616; Rogue needs better coping mechanisms; bigotry is depressingly timeless; and everything is Onslaught now.
- Joseph’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Our new theme music
- X-Men Prime #1
- A genuinely cool cover gimmick
- What happened after the end of the world
- War crimes vs. fashion crimes
- Destruction of real landmarks in fiction
- A mysterious assailant
- Actual embodied chaos god Jim Davis and his Earth-616 namesake
- Several memorable Garfield stories
- Marrow (Sarah Rushman)
- The secret origin of the Morlocks
- A friendship we miss
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms
- The perennially dubious journalistic ethics of Trish Tilby
- The death of Dennis
- Flaws of the mutant metaphor (more) (again)
- Several refugees from Earth-295
- Mr. Summers and Mr. Summers
- The secret origin of the Genoshan mutates
- The Acolytes
- The continuing relevance of the mutant metaphor (more) (again)
- Cross-universe characterization
NEXT EPISODE: The fall of Avalon!
NOTE: The Garfield strips Jay mentions appeared in newspapers, on purpose, in October 1989.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
NOTE: This is a limited-run shirt! It will DISAPPEAR FOREVER from the shop on November 1, 2015; get ’em while they last!