Listen to the episode here.
THAT MUSTACHE! (X-Force #26)
Bobby’s “tell your friends that their friends are dead” outfit is somewhat nontraditional, but I’m digging it.
Damnit, Rictor. (X-Force #26)
That “X-Gear” label raises some questions. Do they manufacture their own line of exercise wear? (X-Force #26)
KLIK (X-Force #26)
Reignfire definitely owns several electric guitars, right? (X-Force #26)
Ewwwwww. (Uncanny X-Men #305)
Opal deserves better, forever. (Uncanny X-Men #305)
Meet Louis “Samuel ‘Mark Twain’ Clemens” St. Croix. (Uncanny X-Men #305)
Oh, right, it’s The Year of the Flesh Ribbons. (Uncanny X-Men #305)
DIDJA MISS HIM?! (Uncanny X-Men #306)
Those faces… Romita… noooo… (Uncanny X-Men #306)
Hi, Candy! (Uncanny X-Men #306)
Ororo Munroe: wind rider, fashion queen! (Uncanny X-Men #306)
Well, then. (Uncanny X-Men #306)
Oh. Oh, no. (Uncanny X-Men #306)
EAT IT, HODGE. (Uncanny X-Men #306)
NEXT EPISODE: Maximoffstravaganza, feat. Max Carleton!
LINKS & FURTHER RESURRECTIONS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher |
In which X-Force is the new New Mutants; Professor is what Cable has instead of a burn book; Cable develops emotional literacy; Jay has a lot of feelings about Shatterstar; Cowboys can be wizards, too; you really shouldn’t call adult people “child”; privilege is truly the greatest superpower; Cameron Hodge remains improbably difficult to kill; Candy Southern gets to write the ending to her own story; and Emerald City Comic Con is coming up REALLY fast!
- Jay & Miles at Emerald City Comic Con
- Some new merch
- X-Force #26
- Uncanny X-Men #305-306
- The evolution of Tabitha Smith’s code name
- X-Force and its members (more) (again)
- Professor’s narrative function
- A sudden mustache and its potential implications
- A lot of things about Shatterstar
- Cable as a leader
- Armor full of skin
- Louis St. Croix and/or Mark Twain
- An inappropriate nickname
- The first Xavier school prom
- Inflatable erotic accessory semantics
- The return of Candy Southern
- The return of Cameron Hodge
- Moral event horizons and how to handle them in comics
- Pros and cons of dating telepaths
NEXT EPISODE: A Maximoffstravaganza, feat. Max Carleton
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Come see us at Emerald City Comic Con!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
WHOA DANG! Emerald City Comic Con is just around the corner, and we’ll be there ALL FOUR DAYS!
Here are the details:
WHERE TO FIND US:
- HOME BASE: KK10 in Artist Alley, on WSCC Level 6! We’ll be around all weekend, talking X-Men, selling cool swag (LILA SHIRTS ARE ON, Y’ALL), and generally being delightful miscreants.
- LIVE SHOW: Saturday! 6:30 PM! TCC L3-R3! Join us for a LIVE episode, with guests Vita Ayala, Seanan McGuire, and Leah Williams!
- PARTY: Saturday! 8-10 PM (right after the live show)! Phoenix Comics & Games! Hangouts, hijinks, and pie! No badge needed! Details here.
*statement not evaluated by anyone cool, but there will be pie.
Jay Edidin and Miles Stokes, in partnership with Phoenix Comics, request the pleasure of your company at the 2019 Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men Emerald City Comic-Con Listener Meet-Up and Slightly Early 5th Birthday Party!
on Saturday, March 16
from 8 to 10 PM
at Phoenix Comics, Seattle
Featuring fine company, exquisite entertainment (including at least one sing-along), refreshments (including pie), and pie (we’re very excited about the pie). Guests of all ages are welcome; no convention badge is required. Costumes encouraged!