Listen to the episode here.
Tag Archive for Garokk
In which we play Evolutionary War Mad-Libs; it’s probably a bad sign when Apocalypse decides you need an intervention; Dani is (briefly) the new Doug; horses are jerks; it’s probably really dangerous to be Longshot; Storm has the coolest friends; the High Evolutionary is very high indeed; and we make a (very token) nod to Valentine’s Day.
- Secret Origins of the High Evolutionary
- Evolutionary War
- The actual history of eugenics in America
- X-Factor Annual #3
- New Mutants Annual #4
- Uncanny X-Men Annual #12
- Classic X-Men #22
- Purifiers (but not those purifiers)
- How to tell when an event has major psychic repercussions
- A Silver-Age callback
- An Apocalypse-style intervention
- Toga Steve (Val-Or)
- The return of Bulk and Glow Worm
- Equal-opportunity Hellfire lingerie
- Mirage’s power upgrade
- Miles vs. puberty vs. Uncanny X-Men
- The coolest civilization ever
- Colossus’s illegitimate kid
- The cutest sound effect
- Origins of the Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle
- Stuff Jay likes and Miles doesn’t
- The Elle Collins Theory of Podcast Roles
NEXT EPISODE: Captain Britain!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Listen to the podcast here!
In which we announce exciting new developments, the ASPCA should probably have a word with Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde gets a new costume, Lee Forrester is still the best, Cyclops has an octopus on his chest, Magneto has a change of heart, and Wolverine embraces transhumanism.
- The Thomas Hardy novel of superhero comics
- X-Men #148-152
- Unstable Denim
- Disco Dinner Clubs
- Caliban (a little)
- Kitty Pryde’s amazing fashion sense
- Garokk the Unremarkable
- Atlantean couture
- Why Magneto is Interesting
- The Massachusetts Academy
- The Persona Exchange Gun
- Harvey and Janet
- How to win $2500 in 1980
- Editorial Outsourcing
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!