Listen to the podcast here!
LINKS & FURTHER READING
- The concerns expressed in Tom Lehrer’s “MLF Lullaby” don’t age wildly well, but it’s still a catchy song.
- Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play is definitely a thing on Earth-4935, only instead of a Simpsons episode, it’s the Pizza Hut X-Men comic where Cyclops doesn’t think it’s cool to have an adventure in Cyberspace.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which X-Force is the cotton candy of comics; Jay & Miles overanalyze; eye spots are not the new domino masks; Feral is all about some murder; Black Tom and Juggernaut remain a delightful criminal power couple; Siryn’s costume is on point; over the edge is where we live; Jay gets briefly and intensely into Todd McFarlane; nothing will convince us that Fabian Nicieza did not know exactly what he was doing; and Kelly Thompson is a national treasure.
- X-Force #1-4
- Spider-Man #16
- Leaping, both literal and metaphorical
- Boom Boom
- Siryn (Theresa Cassidy) (again)
- The second and third-best-selling issues of all time
- The Profit$
- A very violent catchphrase
- Chalet Shwartzkopf
- Power Poses™ with Gideon™
- The All-New, All-Different Weapon X (Garrison Kane)
- Good vs. Awesome
- George Washington Bridge
- A moment so dramatic that it produces a second Shatterstar in a single panel
- Some sports stuff, kind of
- Uncomfortable anachronism
- The stylistic necessity of healing factors
- Marvel Unlimited view options
- Rogue and Gambit
NEXT EPISODE: The not remotely triumphant return of Technet!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)