Listen to the podcast here!
Tag: Lisa Winters
258 – True Believers, Opportunists, and Crooks (feat. Lisa Winters)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which Lisa Winters pinch-hits for Jay, we take a trip to the newspaper funnies and back, Spider-Man and Beast are natural BFFs, nothing good ever happens at the Brand Corporation, and “mutant” can be a pretty fuzzy concept.
- Bessie the Hellcow
- Spider-Man: Mutant Agenda (the newspaper strip storyline)
- Spider-Man: Mutant Agenda (the comic book miniseries)
- Spider-Man: Mutant Agenda (the cartoon episodes)
- Four-color hoards
- Three-panel newspaper comic structure
- Sunday strips (and their Mark Trail deceptions)
- Hero Jaws – a breakfast-based theory
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- The Brand Corporation
- The Beast (Henry McCoy)
- Narratively convenient Spider Sense
- Hobgoblin (Jason Macendale Jr.)
- Goblin gliders
- Picket signs (*air horn sound*)
- Finger blasters (heh)
- Laser cages
- Arcade’s superpower flowcharts
- Mutants: newspaper versus comic continuity
- Coming home to the 90s
- Lisa’s favorite X-Man
- Beast’s versatile character design
- Spider-to-X ratios
- Dark, tortured heroes
- Herbert Landon’s selective memory
- Confirmation bias
- Anti-mutant cancer goo
- Ironic reversals
- Wolverine, the most marketable mutant
- Evil British accents
- The most adaptable Spider-Man / X-Men crossovers
- The X-Men and the newspaper funnies
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor mourns and moves on.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!