In which we check in on Firestar and the New Warriors; superheroes often celebrate Bring Your Mom To The Amazon Day; Fabian Nicieza employs only the finest of lampshades; and Emma Frost still doesn’t apologize for blowing up that pony.
- Vance Astro(vik)
- Penance (but not that one)
- Austin Gorton’s X-Aminations
- New Warriors #10
- Firestar (Angelica Jones)
- The New Warriors
- Visual representations of invisible mutant powers
- The Hellions (more) (again)
- Tarot and her Morrisonian powers
- The inevitably increasing complexity of superhero origins
- The Miracle of Microwaves
- New Warriors #31
- Nova Roma
- Magma (Amara Aquilla) (or Allison Crestmere, I guess)
- A brief and futile attempt at Roman soldier disambiguation
- Empath and his large collection of red flags
- Gender-based intuition
- A massive, stupid, and quickly undone retcon
- Super-nature versus super-nurture
- The hypothetical psychological roots of Emma Frost’s fashion phases
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor finally makes it to Genosha!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!