Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER DRAMA:
- Jay is writing a thing that may be relevant to your interests in the intersection of Marvel and audio.
- We first encountered the T’ieves’ Guild in Episode 194 – Brood Trouble in the Big Easy.
- Go watch Intacto; it’s brilliant.
- The Thief of Always is basically Clive Barker in Ray Bradbury drag. It’s not going to blow your mind; but it’s a fun read.
- As a gloomy ’90s teen, Jay was of course very into The Crow; which holds up surprisingly well. It can’t rain all the time!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which X-Men don’t get to take vacations; Jay makes a somewhat belated announcement; sometimes Gambit is legitimately pretty cool; the assassins get a day-glo-up; The Crow holds up surprisingly well; Gambit gets exiled again; and Artie and Leech damn well better get to live happily ever after.
- Rogue and Gambit’s honeymoon
- A thing that Jay is working on
- Brood Trouble in the Big Easy
- Bella Donna Boudreaux
- Gambit #1-4
- The New Orleans trilogy
- “X-Ternally Yours”
- The tithe collector
- Things about which your mama may or may not have warned you
- Dramatic captions
- The Thieves’ and Assassins’ Guilds
- The pact
- Julian Boudreaux (again)
- Henri LeBeau and his mustache
- Critical nudity
- Terminal nudity
- Marius Boudreaux
- Accent inconsistencies
- Jean Luc LeBeau
- Treachery most foul
- (Select elements of) Gamit’s origin story
- How thieves get kids
- Gambit as a romantic hero
- Ungrateful children of the Marvel Universe
- Petite Chou
- Clubbing with Gambit
- Subtlety (for some value of the term)
- Lifestyles of the rich and immortal
- The Church of Lost Thieves
- The Elixir of Life
- An undersold side effect
- A very lucky break
- Artie and Leech’s probable adult lives
- Villains we’d like to see on the X-Men
NEXT EPISODE: Rogue!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!