Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER DRAMA:
- Jay is writing a thing that may be relevant to your interests in the intersection of Marvel and audio.
- We first encountered the T’ieves’ Guild in Episode 194 – Brood Trouble in the Big Easy.
- Go watch Intacto; it’s brilliant.
- The Thief of Always is basically Clive Barker in Ray Bradbury drag. It’s not going to blow your mind; but it’s a fun read.
- As a gloomy ’90s teen, Jay was of course very into The Crow; which holds up surprisingly well. It can’t rain all the time!
How much do you want to bet the non-shocking appearance of Julien in #4 is largely because Weeks assumed Klaus Janson was going to be doing the inks and was a natural for making the dude look hideous … and then Janson didn’t ink #4.
Hey Jay and Miles.
I just wanted to talk a little bit about the “Greatest Crime” of the Teives Guild and the Assassins Guild.
It is by no way really their “Greatest Crime” but the fact that this is a huge cultural aspect of both Guilds that they raise their children into where there is definitely some form of social pressure to take the elixir even if there is only a small chance that it pretty much kills you is very dubious/problematic.
Yes each person is explained and has the choice to partake in consuming the elixir but they were born into a world that idealize the Teive/Assassin live and part of that is the drinking of the elixir. sure they can choose not to but that goes against almost everything they were taught since day 1 of their lives. even there is still only a small percent chance that it is lethal i’d still argue that each death is at the fault of those cultures that idealize that lifestyle through generations.
anyway love the show. and thank you for letting me ramble.