In which Spotlight on Starjammers is basically a RPG module; Jay may or may not have developed superpowers; artfully tattered clothing is a Summers family tradition; the Starjammers kill a planet; Raza may or may not be super progressive; and Professor X dies (again).
- The T-Bomb
- Spotlight on Starjammers #1-2
- The Starjammers (more) (again)
- The space plank
- The Groff System
- Vam & Mer
- Cr’eee’s dubious past
- Several really on-the-nose planets
- Doki-Doki Universe
- A critical comma
- The expected endurance of the Starjammer
- A Shi’ar imperial poop fight
- Many cameos
- An entirely gratuitous superhero slugfest
- Death Phoenix
- Bald Phoenix
- Several dropped plot threads
- Our thoughts on ResurrXion
- Creative teams vs. characters
NEXT EPISODE: Christmas with Cable (feat. Dennis Hopeless)!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
With guest Greg Rucka!
In which death is a revolving door, we really liked Days of Future Past, space pirates are the best pirates, Vulcan is (still) the worst, Miles has a Corsair costume, Lilandra has lovely plumage, no one knows how to pronounce “M’Kraan,” we studiously avoid discussing the Phoenix force, Saurids speak Hebrew, Raza Longknife’s name is a bit on the nose, Rachel is the worst at hugs, Greg has a ‘ship, and we all kind of identify with Cyclops.
- The Starjammers (and how to pronounce their names)
- The Shi’ar
- The Neremani Dynasty
- Apostrophe abuse
- The secret origins of the Starjammers
- Why Hepzibah talks like that
- The Rule of Cool
- Visor iterations
- Cyclops’s dubious deductive skills
- The All-New, All-the-Same X-Men
- Teenagers, again
- Cyclops #1
- Cyclops vs. Scott
- Rachel’s convention sketchbook
- Greg’s Kitty Pryde feelings
- An exceptionally vivid threat
- Intergalactic fashion
- Corsair’s pecs
- Key parties in space
- The greatest romance of the Marvel Universe
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Next week: Welcome to the Claremont era, listeners—hope you survive the experience!