In which we enter our fourth century of podcasting with brand new theme music; we have both Wolverine questions and wolverine questions; it is extremely rough to be Bishop; the creator of Garfield may or may not live in a sewer on Earth-616; Rogue needs better coping mechanisms; bigotry is depressingly timeless; and everything is Onslaught now.
- Joseph’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Our new theme music
- X-Men Prime #1
- A genuinely cool cover gimmick
- What happened after the end of the world
- War crimes vs. fashion crimes
- Destruction of real landmarks in fiction
- A mysterious assailant
- Actual embodied chaos god Jim Davis and his Earth-616 namesake
- Several memorable Garfield stories
- Marrow (Sarah Rushman)
- The secret origin of the Morlocks
- A friendship we miss
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms
- The perennially dubious journalistic ethics of Trish Tilby
- The death of Dennis
- Flaws of the mutant metaphor (more) (again)
- Several refugees from Earth-295
- Mr. Summers and Mr. Summers
- The secret origin of the Genoshan mutates
- The Acolytes
- The continuing relevance of the mutant metaphor (more) (again)
- Cross-universe characterization
NEXT EPISODE: The fall of Avalon!
NOTE: The Garfield strips Jay mentions appeared in newspapers, on purpose, in October 1989.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Jay here! I’m once again in the middle of prepping for a move–this time, cross-country–and really struggling to keep balls in the air. With that disclaimer in mind, here are respectively more and less belated last two weeks’ video reviews!
Week of 3/2/2017:
In which Uncanny and Extraordinary X-Men conclude!
*Pick of the Week (11:55)
Week of 3/29/2917:
In which we say goodbye to one more series, and ResurrXion begins!
*Pick of the Week (17:08)
Filmed at Books With Pictures in Portland, OR.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. These video reviews–and everything else here–are made possible by the support of our Patreon subscribers. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Come join us on Imzy!