Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Email |
In which Chris Claremont defines the X-Universe; Sunfire quits the team (again); Nightcrawler is the best; the narrator is nobody’s friend; Colossus is a good kid; Cyclops has a long series of bad days; everyone is a bondage Viking; Rachel is a space pedant, we meet the Phoenix, and Wolverine is the Batman of Marvel.
- Polaris’s kinda-powers
- Our first crossover event
- How much we love you
- Chris Claremont, and why he’s the definitive X-writer
- Comics In Focus: Chris Claremont’s X-Men
- Why Nightcrawler is the best point-of-view character
- The long game
- Tom Orzechowski’s dimension-folding lettering skills
- The malicious narrator
- Count Nefaria
- Sliding-scale ransom
- The life, death, and occasional reanimation of Thunderbird
- The care and feeding of cairns
- Erik the Red
- Quiet moments
- Sentinels and X-Sentinels
- Steven Lang
- The (first) death and return of Jean Grey
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Next week: Leprechauns!