Listen to the podcast here.
Tag Archive for Genesis
In which Ghost Rider has some fairly serious medical issues; you should probably never invite Bishop to a picnic; Gambit’s past catches up with him; it’s always Mardi Gras in Fictional New Orleans; Wolverine is thrilled; and Jay swears a solemn vow.
- The Tithe
- The Momentary Princess
- The T’ieves Guild
- Why real New Orleans doesn’t have catacombs
- X-Men #8-9
- Ghost Rider #26-27
- The abstract idea of Nicholas Cage
- The last of the X-Men
- A sick burn
- A picnic
- Bella Donna Boudreaux and her many apostrophes
- Ghost Rider
- Julian Boudreaux
- How not to respond to a speeding ticket
- The Bootie Man
- Horse names vs. katana names
- Cathartic excess
- Good characters from awful events
NEXT EPISODE: The Externals, for our sins
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER READING
- Dennis Hopeless is delightful. Go follow him on Twitter.
- We are seriously never gonna stop preaching the gospel of X-Men: Season One.
- Actually, all of Dennis’s X-books are great. Here are some of our particular favorites:
- You can preorder All-New X-Men #1 at your local comics shop or from Marvel.com.
- Come see us at Vegas Valley Comic Book Fest–and be part of our second live episode–on Saturday, November 7, at Clark County Library!
In which we sit down with one of our favorite writers to talk about his upcoming series; the X-teens take to the road; Season One is kind of Friday Night Lights; good relationships make good stories; and we are really excited for All-New X-Men.
- Genesis (Evan Sabahnur)
- Dennis Hopeless
- Secret origins of X-Men: Season One
- All-New X-Men, vol. 2
- How to write Jean Grey
- Building a team
- Why Quentin Quire isn’t in All-New X-Men
- All-New in the larger X-line, and the X-line in the larger Marvel Universe
- Definitive X-eras
- Cable & X-Force
- What makes Cable tick
- Boom Boom
- Colossus and Domino
- The narrative case for solid relationships
- Favorite villains
- Mark Bagley
- Character evolution across multiple creative teams
- X-teen hobbies
- Vegas Valley Comic Book Fest
NEXT WEEK: The New Mutants meet Bird Boy, with mixed results.
There’s no visual companion this week, but you can find a list of links mentioned in this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!