In which we sit down with one of our favorite writers to talk about his upcoming series; the X-teens take to the road; Season One is kind of Friday Night Lights; good relationships make good stories; and we are really excited for All-New X-Men.
- Genesis (Evan Sabahnur)
- Dennis Hopeless
- Secret origins of X-Men: Season One
- All-New X-Men, vol. 2
- How to write Jean Grey
- Building a team
- Why Quentin Quire isn’t in All-New X-Men
- All-New in the larger X-line, and the X-line in the larger Marvel Universe
- Definitive X-eras
- Cable & X-Force
- What makes Cable tick
- Boom Boom
- Colossus and Domino
- The narrative case for solid relationships
- Favorite villains
- Mark Bagley
- Character evolution across multiple creative teams
- X-teen hobbies
- Vegas Valley Comic Book Fest
NEXT WEEK: The New Mutants meet Bird Boy, with mixed results.
There’s no visual companion this week, but you can find a list of links mentioned in this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!