Listen to the episode here.
Tag Archive for Invisible Woman
In which Franklin Richards makes everything more complicated; Reed Richards is a terrible parent; Days of Future Present is a surprisingly good ghost story; Valeria Richards is awesome (but does not appear in this crossover); everyone’s got hounds these days; Banshee is your sad cyborg dad; Phoenix has a lot of feelings; and X-Factor once again manages to up the ante for child endangerment.
- Nightcrawler’s brief clerical career
- Days of Future Present
- Annuals, in general
- Some extraordinarily specific Namor headcanon
- Fantastic Four Annual #23
- New Mutants Annual #6
- X-Factor Annual #5
- Uncanny X-Men Annual #14
- Franklin Richards
- Several statuses quo
- The reproductive potential of Doombots
- Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura)
- A Code Red Time Emergency
- One of Jay’s dream pitches
- Your sad cyborg dad
- The worst tea party
- One hell of a kiss
- Robocop vs. Terminator
NEXT EPISODE: Excalibur gets eclectic!
The visual companion to this episode will be up later this week.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Listen to the podcast here!
LINKS & FURTHER READING
- Come see us at (and after) RCCC! You can find, table, and meetup details here.
- Want to know (a lot) more about the Fantastic Four? Go listen to the Fantasticast!
- Law and the Multiverse has not in fact covered the Trial of Magneto, but you should read it anyway, ’cause it’s a really interesting blog.
- Here’s that one essay Rachel wrote about neurodiversity and autistic coding in X-Men.
In which Franklin Richards is definitely a normal human meat child; Thing’s code-name is delightfully ambiguous; your kids are probably robot sailors; it’s always a Doombot; Rachel accidentally identifies with Reed Richards; all dramatic roads lead to Latveria; and superheroes are terrible at conflict resolution.
- Franklin Richards
- Rachel & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men LIVE
- Fantastic Four Versus the X-Men #1-4
- The best hugs in the biz
- The Fantastic Four
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Richards)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
- Thing (Ben Grimm)
- The Fantasticast
- Special dreams (but not that kind)
- Alicia Masters (sort of)
- Dubiously informative cover art
- The doomed frenemyship of Reed Richards and Victor von Doom
- Varyingly competent parenting
- An awful lot of incidental nudity
- Ethics of super-science
- Robot sailors
- Dubious conflict-resolution skills
- Human Torch costume logistics
- Dr. Doom’s history with Magneto
- Relative roles and themes of Marvel teams
NEXT WEEK: X-Factor still hasn’t really gotten the hang of doors.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!