Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which Jay makes a sartorial switch; Hope Summers is less confusing than you might expect; we are very happy to present our first all-artist convention special; Ramon kills his idols; Rachelle deciphers the past; Bret (re)defines New Mutants; a long-time mystery is resolved; colorists deserve more respect; the Xavier School probably has an actual curriculum; and a lot of X-Men have really cool hair.
- The adventures of Hope Summers
- Several Phoenix hosts
- The time Quentin Quire became a Shi’ar god
- Jay’s mom
- Our panelists’ definitive X-Men
- E for Extinction
- Killing your idols
- Coloring as archaeology
- Visually defining the X-Men
- New Mutants that might have been
- Favorite costumes
- The actual color of Storm’s ’90s costume
- Editorial direction vs. editorial mandate
- Practical considerations in costume design
- Actual education at the Xavier School
- Wolverine’s assorted children
- The best hair in the X-Men
NEXT EPISODE: Cannonball dies (briefly)!
No visual companion to this one, but check out the first part of our ECCC gallery over on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)