Listen to the podcast here.
LINKS & FURTHER READING:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
In which we return to Excalibur, and Excalibur returns to form; “Girls’ School from Heck” is way better than we remembered; Jay has strong feelings about penmanship; we examine the semantics of field hockey; the band gets back together; Dai Thomas has no time for your comic-book bullshit; and you should never, ever install a good/evil switch in your technological abominations.
- The first appearances of Colonel Vazhin
- Perks of home recording
- FlameCon 2017
- Jay & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Excalibur #32-36
- “Girls’ School from Heck!”
- St. Searle’s School for Young Ladies
- St. Trinian’s and a large number of references thereto
- Regional variations in boarding school hijinks
- Miss Rutherford
- A poorly staged panel
- Phoebe Huntsman
- Kitty Pryde’s penmanship
- Margaret Thatcher’s weirdly wholesome fantasies
- The kinda-reformation of Mesmero
- The end of Chris Claremont’s run on Excalibur
- Some complicated contradictions related to the ethics of consumption
- An abduction
- The ethics of psychic interrogation (kinda)
- Mariner disambiguation
- A rescue
- An unlikely partnership
- Darkmoor Research Center
- Dr. Walshe
- A somewhat convoluted plot
- Whether the Danger Room could function as a bathroom
- The physics of Asteroid M
NEXT EPISODE: Weapon X!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)
Special thanks to Gavia Baker-Whitelaw for helping us assemble the St. Searle’s marginalia!