In which we return to Excalibur, and Excalibur returns to form; “Girls’ School from Heck” is way better than we remembered; Jay has strong feelings about penmanship; we examine the semantics of field hockey; the band gets back together; Dai Thomas has no time for your comic-book bullshit; and you should never, ever install a good/evil switch in your technological abominations.
- The first appearances of Colonel Vazhin
- Perks of home recording
- FlameCon 2017
- Jay & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Excalibur #32-36
- “Girls’ School from Heck!”
- St. Searle’s School for Young Ladies
- St. Trinian’s and a large number of references thereto
- Regional variations in boarding school hijinks
- Miss Rutherford
- A poorly staged panel
- Phoebe Huntsman
- Kitty Pryde’s penmanship
- Margaret Thatcher’s weirdly wholesome fantasies
- The kinda-reformation of Mesmero
- The end of Chris Claremont’s run on Excalibur
- Some complicated contradictions related to the ethics of consumption
- An abduction
- The ethics of psychic interrogation (kinda)
- Mariner disambiguation
- A rescue
- An unlikely partnership
- Darkmoor Research Center
- Dr. Walshe
- A somewhat convoluted plot
- Whether the Danger Room could function as a bathroom
- The physics of Asteroid M
NEXT EPISODE: Weapon X!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Special thanks to Gavia Baker-Whitelaw for helping us assemble the St. Searle’s marginalia!