Listen to the episode here.
Tag Archive for more digressions than usual
In which the X-Tinction Agenda reaches its Return of the Jedi; Wolverine is a weaponized nuisance; HR would like a word with Gambit; Havok gets framed; Cameron Hodge is the great unifier; Genosha is revolting; you don’t get to make a threatening speech about someone else’s powers; Jean Grey is tired of your bullshit; and Jay and Miles may or may not dive into the Siege Perilous!
- The Law of Conservation of Plot Elements
- Uncanny X-Men #272
- New Mutants #97
- X-Factor #62
- The Story So Far
- Glasses fashions in comics
- The difference between Batman and the Punisher
- How to tell that something has gone terribly wrong
- Acceptable pants
- Some really sketchy judicial process
- A ruse
- Several retcons concerning Wolverine
- Consequence-free impaling
- Chekhov’s genetic engineering
- Louise Simonson’s final issue of New Mutants
- The relative durability of mutants
- A number of prescient threats
- This one time Jay and Miles got paid to throw a bunch of printers down a flight of stairs
- Summers Brothers team-ups
- A very cathartic fight
- Thoughts on books as physical artifacts and collecting comics
- Places to jump into long X-series on Marvel Unlimited
- Our plans for the hiatus
THE PODCAST WILL BE ON HIATUS DURING MAY, JUNE, AND JULY, 2017! SEE YOU IN AUGUST!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!