Listen to the episode here.
Tag: our goofy cat
141 – Reason to Go to the Devil
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which we ring in the new year with Cable’s on-page debut; it’s really the ’90s now; we enter the third major era of New Mutants; what Liefeld lacks in craft he makes up for in energy; we pitch a new “What if–” line; Rusty and Skids are terrible superheroes; X-Factor has probably given up on a lot of things; we speculate at gratuitous length on the content of Cable’s pouches; you have reason to go to the devil; and Cable makes a lot more sense when you realize he’s of, by, and for teenagers.
- How the Legacy Virus got loose
- New Mutants #86-89
- Cable’s on-page debut
- Rob Liefeld
- The third major era of New Mutants
- A shift in the balance of power
- A comics shop to probably avoid if you time-travel back to the mid 1990s
- The stupid adventures of Rusty & Skids
- Yet another Acts of Vengeance tie-in
- An accidental prison break
- Cops, or maybe protestors
- The Mutant Liberation Front
- A goody two-shoes man-stealing redheaded werewolf
- Stryfe’s armor
- Spooning with Cable
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor kicks it Silver Age.
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)
No prints this week. Contact David Wynne to purchase the original illustration!