In which the X-Babies fail to charm; clones are people, too; Iceman doesn’t (quite) come out; Gambit and Bishop bond; Joseph comes into ambiguous being; and Principal Nezu and Charles Xavier would probably get along okay.
- Inconsistent quality
- X-Men #46-47
- Uncanny X-Men #327
- The X-Babies (more) (again)
- Politics of the Mojoverse
- Personhood of constructed entities
- What makes an X-Babies story work
- Jay’s favorite episodes of The Muppet Show
- Age-appropriate literature
- Fictional books
- Fun with Bishop
- Several restaurants
- Hypothetical casting
- What Magneto’s been up to
- Sister Maria
- Why Magneto gets de-aged a lot
- Various orphans and individuals affiliated therewith
- How to keep up with upcoming X-titles
- A cross-media friendship
- True Believer: The Rise and Fall of Stan Lee
NEXT EPISODE: HAWK TALK
THE ONE AFTER THAT: MORE X-BABIES SO MANY X-BABIES
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
In which we walk through the newly announced post-Secret Wars X-lineup:
- All-New X-Men (1:17)
- Extraordinary X-Men (3:05)
- Uncanny X-Men (4:24)
- Old Man Logan (6:35)
- All-New Wolverine (8:25)
- X-Characters in Other Titles (10:06)
LINKS & FURTHER READING:
- Jeff Lemire on Extraordinary X-Men
- David Uzumeri on transphobia and transmisogyny in James Robinson’s Airboy
- UPDATE: Robinson’s subsequent apology.
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. Our videos–and everything else we do–are made possible by the support of our Patreon subscribers. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!