In which Chris Eddleman joins us for a close look at House of X and Powers of X; Doug Ramsey is highly relevant; resurrection is problematic in a universe with a documented afterlife; there is no reasonable in-continuity justification for the lack of trans Marvel characters; and your OT3 is canon.
- The Phalanx (more) (again) (retconned)
- House of X
- Powers of X
- Krakoa (more) (again) (retconned)
- Moira MacTaggert (retconned)
- Bar Sinister
- Sinister Secrets
- Portentous red shoes
- The Man-Machine Ascendancy
- Homo Novissima
- Transhumanism in the Marvel Universe
- The metaphysics of Krakoan resurrection
- The Five
- The true nature of Goldballs’ powers
- Trans representation and its absence
- Retroactive foreshadowing
NEXT EPISODE: Still not quite Generation X
CORRECTION: The story Jay referred to as “Everything Burns” is in fact titled “Time Runs Out,” although a good many things do burn over its course.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Listen to the episode here.
In which the plot thickens; Jay and Miles fix Avatar; Ship is a good bro; you are in space right now; the Beginagains go full This Island Earth; Cyclops weaponizes love; voting is really important; and you’re listening to ten straight hours of soft jazz and subversion on ZZ-105
- The other Dazzler (Bertram Worthington)
- Our newest t-shirt
- X-Factor #48-50
- A metaphor within a metaphor, in space
- The first half of Judgment War (briefly) (again)
- A prisoner exchange
- Hairstyles of the possessed and famous
- Proper use of Cable
- A case for retcons
- Iceman vs. Archangel
- A feisty little fellow from the stars
- The secret origin of Ship
- The Celestials
- The core of Iceman’s personality
- Several kisses
- Beast and the Rejects
- Some terrible hats
- An unfair fight
- A nefarious plot
- Contagious heroism
- The power of love
- Why we use the word “queer”
- Several theoretical and unlikely crossovers
NEXT EPISODE: Live at Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival, with musical guest Scott Koblish!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!