In which it’s hard to be a mutant post-Onslaught; two Chrises make friends; X-Force goes to off-brand Disney World; we are Team Risque; and you can go to the punch dimension but probably shouldn’t stay long.
- X-Men Unlimited #15
- X-Force #65-66
- Mutant life post-Onslaught
- Spinning editorial oversight into story
- Weasel, Jumbo, and Headcase
- How not to write the Friends of Humanity
- The Marvel sex web
- Thunderbird (John Proudstar)
- Warpath (James Proudstar)
- Risque (Gloria Munoz)
- Clubbing with Risque
- Wacky World
- Dani Moonstar, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The punch dimension
- The physics of ice ramps
NEXT EPISODE: Strong Guy wakes up!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Listen to the episode here!
In which Miles has a brush with nostalgia; Angelica Jones is secretly a Thomas Hardy protagonist; it doesn’t need to make sense if it’s awesome; and Emma Frost really needs a mustache to twirl.
- Trevor Fitzroy
- Firestar (Angelica Jones)
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
- X-Men, if sometimes the main characters were bears
- Inexplicably Australian Wolverine
- Ms. Lion
- Marvel Divas
- Sudsy fun
- Superhero sitcoms
- Firestar #1-4
- Basic palmistry
- Generic mean girls
- Coen Brothers YA
- The reinvention of Emma Frost
- Some epic gaslighting
- Butter Rum
- Miles’s favorite star-crossed ‘ship
- Why Thunderbird I has stayed dead
- Contextual definitions of “organic”
NEXT WEEK: Secret Wars
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Support us on Patreon!