Listen to the podcast here.
In which the New Mutants get a new status quo (and new costumes); we have deeply mixed feelings about Rob Liefeld; Cable is the comprehensive sex-ed to Xavier’s staunch denial and Magneto’s abstinence-only; Rictor gets a new dad by right of arms; and you should totally come party with us at Emerald City Comic Con!
- Feral Wolverine
- Jay & Miles at Emerald City Comic Con
- New Mutants #90, 91, 93, and 94
- Early Rob Liefeld
- Caliban vs. Sabretooth
- Vertical spreads
- Stately Xavier Ruins
- How to confuse Freedom Force
- Imaginary fashions of the early ’90s
- How Rictor’s father may or may not have died
- The New Mutants’ new uniforms
- A lovingly-rendered butt
- Improv with Apocalypse
- The mystery of Rictor’s shirt
- Seismic weaving
- The Japanese branch of the MLF (Kamikaze, Sumo, and Dragoness)
- The Mutual Liberation Front
- Diana, Warrior Princess (again)
- Several kisses
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor Fights Yuppie LARPers or Something
CORRECTION: In this episode, Jay referred to Bob Harras as Editor-in-Chief of Marvel in 1990. Tom DeFalco was in fact Editor-in-Chief; Harras was the X-Men line editor.
The visual companion to this episode will be up later this week!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!