This would usually be a skip week, but the world is still being a jerk, so we made you a bonus, entirely unedited, and almost entirely off-topic episode. This time, Jay and Tina Carleton of Welcome to Television talked about sitcoms!
Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER CROSSOVERS
- Listen to Tina’s X-Plain debut in Episode 62 – Giant-Size Special #2…
- …Check out her other podcasts at Welcome to Television…
- …and follow her on Twitter!
- Learn more about Proteus in Episode 10 – Not All Mandroids and Episode 166 – Proteus Has Two Mommies.
- For the lowdown on Kang, listen to Episode 85 – Secret Convergence on Infinite Podcasts Part 9!
In which the X-Men cross over with two generations of Star Trek; your grandma invented slash fiction; Gladiator punches a starship; we designate a universe; Leonard McCoy gets bowdlerized; “Gary” is a silly name for a god; Elizabeth Dehner deserves better; a lot of things happen in space; Worf and Wolverine enjoy a brief but intense romance; the X-Men should have more to say about the ethics of “curing” mutation; and we successfully delay Onslaught by another week.
- Cross-franchise creative footprints
- Collecting Star Trek in the ‘90s
- Secret origins of Tina and Jay’s friendship
- Star Trex
- Star Trek: The Next Generation / X-Men: Second Contact
- Star Trek: The Next Generation / X-Men: Planet X
- Delta Vega
- “Where No Man Has Gone Before”
- The Shi’ar (again)
- The relationship of Star Trek to the Marvel Universe
- Earth-1701, which may or may not also be Earth-200500
- Proteus (again)
- A dubious date
- First Contact
- The Borg
- Several temporal anomalies
- The Traveler
- Michael Jan Friedman
- Time Hooks and/or Chrono-compasses
- Prune juice
- Your new ship
- The Drakkon
- A simulated Charles Xavier
- A Highland sex ghost, apparently?
NEXT EPISODE: All of the Marvels, with Douglas Wolk!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!