Listen to the podcast here.
Tag: X-Men: True Friends
175 – Lady Windermere’s Fan Club
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which Gambit is transatlantically terrible; Rick Leonardi is the poor man’s Alan Davis (but in a good way); we try and fail to care about British royals; Miles should probably read some Oscar Wilde already; Jay has a lot of feelings about The Rocketeer; Shadowcat gets a genuinely stylish costume; and we would read the hell out of a series about Destiny, Mystique, and Wolverine’s WWII adventures.
- Why Gambit isn’t welcome in the United Kingdom
- X-Men: True Friends #1-3
- The poor man’s Alan Davis
- Trad night
- Laird Alasdhair Kinross and his nonthreatening but convenient heterosexuality
- Inexplicably absent familial relationships
- Queen Lilibet the Second
- Lady Regina Windermere
- Several notable British fascists of the 1930s
- A snazzy airplane
- Several nefarious plots
- Formal pajamas
- The mystery of the Hypercolor™ kilt
- A large number of strong feelings about The Rocketeer
- Kitty Pryde’s best costumes
- Weaponized cosmic queerness (again)
- Power, agency, and the Dark Phoenix Saga
- How characters end up with their specific mutations.
NEXT EPISODE: Wolverine, again.
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)