In which Rachel Summers’ continuity somehow becomes even more complicated; X-Men: Phoenix is pretty much a Star Wars (minus the stars); cultural appropriation remains a problem in the distant future; we are surprisingly into the origins of the Askani; and you should totally come see us at FlameCon!
- Several Rachels Summers who may or may not actually be the same Rachel Summers
- Time, somewhat
- Jay & Miles at FlameCon 2019
- X-Men: Phoenix #1-3
- Bird stuff
- What happened after Rachel got sucked into the timestream
- High Councilor Diamanda Nero
- An extremely poor choice of ornamentation
- The origins of Blaquesmith
- A questionable alias
- Diogenes Chang
- The Order of Witnesses
- A rad team
- Malachai Hark
- The word “Askani”
- The Hellhole
- A resurrection
- Penguins of Apocalypse
- Sanctity (Tonya Trask)
- A butt-on
- The Phoenix Force and its hosts
- Characters we’d like to see imported into comics from other X-media
NEXT WEEK: Jay & Miles take a week off.
NEXT EPISODE: Adventures in the funnypages!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!