Listen to the episode here.
In which Ship was inside Cable all along; Life Signs is the Two Towers of the Phalanx Covenant (but only in the bad ways), it’s lucky that the Phalanx doesn’t have WiFi; Nightcrawler embraces chaos; and we promise the crossover gets better next chapter.
- How Cable got his Ship back
- Miles’s official stance on candy corn
- The Two Towers of the Phalanx Covenant
- X-Factor #106
- X-Force #38
- Excalibur #82
- A monastery party
- Douglock (more) (again)
- How Steven Lang got mixed up with the Phalanx
- Stages of Phalanx development
- Giuseppe Russo, shepherd
- The Phalanx, but dogs
- What you get when you meet a stranger in the Alps
- Whom we’d like to see draw the Phalanx
- Where baby Phalanxes come from
- Good stories about Hope Summers
- What happened to Paul Bailey
NEXT EPISODE: Rock climbing with the Summers Family
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Listen to the episode here!
LINKS & FURTHER READING:
- We’ve linked before to Chris Claremont’s X-Men, but we’re doing it again, because it’s fascinating and you should all go watch it.
- If you are fond of loving snark and deep dives into Marvel continuity, you should really already be reading Max Carleton’s Waiting for the Trade. (If you’re not fond of those things, why are you here?)
In which Louise Simonson saves X-Factor; Apocalypse gets off to a rough start; Cyclops is bad at people; Apocalypse should be the Kingpin of X-Men; Jean Grey is sick of your bullshit; you should totally cosplay Skids; and Mystique fundamentally misunderstands branding.
- The Maximoff family tree
- The Whizzer
- X-Factor as sketch comedy
- Louise Simonson
- X-Factor #6-8
- Glow Worm
- Skids (Sally Blevins)
- Weaponized fashion
- Trish Tilby
- Favorite Claremontisms
NEXT WEEK: The Mutant Massacre!
Special thanks to Master of Maximoffs Max Carleton of Waiting for the Trade.
A very happy birthday to the Consulting X-Pert Kestrel!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!