Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER READING
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
***NOTE: We’re aware of the audio issues in this episode. We’re still troubleshooting our cross-country setup. Thank you for your patience!***
In which Stryfe is the Jan Brady of the Summers family; Miles’s dreams are trampled beneath tiny, delicate feet; Rictor goes on an unnecessary rescue mission; Cable is Washington to Cannonball’s Hamilton; the New Mutants may or may not time travel; Boom Boom scarfs up some chow for the bohunk; you should definitely not mess with Feral’s pigeons; Liefeld fights are pure rule-of-cool; Jay is absolutely not qualified to give legal advice; and we bid a bittersweet goodbye to New Mutants.
- Production transitions
- The end of New Mutants
- New Mutants #98-100
- Plotting vs. scripting
- The most valuable issue of New Mutants
- Liefeld butts (more) (again)
- The very dramatic death of Emmanuel da Costa
- Some Spider-Man looking jerk
- Domino (Neena Thurman)
- A specific and likely inaccurate timeline
- Feral (Maria Callasantos)
- The signature Liefeld Kick™
- The Tavern on the Green
- Five or six kinds of mutants
- A sad goodbye
- Shatterstar (Gaveedra Seven)
- Cadre Alliance
- Nesting habits of the urban bohunk
- Some rad moves
- A prologue that is also an epilogue
- The Stryfe that might have been
- How Logan fits into the X-Men movie timeline
- X-Men mostly likely to watch Yuri!!! On Ice
- Jay at FlameCon!!
NEXT EPISODE: Beast has a sexistential crisis!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)