In which Dazzler is not a team player; Longshot is the Zonker Harris of the X-Men; Juggernaut is That Guy; Rachel and Miles channel Statler and Waldorf; and Alex Summers is seriously never, ever going to finish grad school.
- Mutant X
- The only well-adjusted Scott Summers in the Multiverse
- The Goblin Entity
- Uncanny X-Men #217-219
- The evolution of the X-Men’s lineup
- Standards for a good twist
- Several Dungeons & Dragons analogies
- A dubious literary allusion
- Flying jeeps
- The fundamental tragedy of Longshot
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and several homages thereto
- Geordie and Rupert
- Havok (more) (again)
- Car-wreck sex
- An unfortunate end to a camping trip
- The Plot Bus
- Several ways to stat Rogue up as a D&D character
- Narrative-friendly power sets
Special thanks to:
- The wonderful Adam Warrock, for letting us sample his song “Teamwork” in this episode! You can listen to the full track here, and find more of Adam’s work at adamwarrock.com.
- Harrison Barber for his X-Pert D&D advice (not to mention nearly fifteen years of tolerating our nonsense at the gaming table)!
NEXT WEEK: X-Men: Evolution with Robert N. Skir!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!