In which Rusty is an honorary Bluth; we bid a sad farewell to Bret Blevins; Hogan the Grim is probably the best at bedtime stories; Asgard has really tight hat game; Hela is a remarkably competent supervillain; there are some sound effects you have to earn; Rusty and Skids fight the Vulture; and Miles has so many feelings about Thor.
- Damian Tryp
- Our weird 2016 recording schedule
- Jay & Miles at Vegas Valley Comic Book Fest 2016
- Recent ResurrXion announcements
- The second half of the Asgard Adventure
- The end of Bret Blevins’ New Mutants run
- New Mutants #82-85
- The Odinsleep
- A fairly upsetting board game
- Volstagg’s awesome kids
- Tiwaz of the Wastes
- Many excellent hats
- Ula and the Savage Swarm
- Miles’s favorite Fenrir story
- A remarkably clever villainous plan
- A signature sound effect
- Karnilla the Norn Queen
- Cable’s relationship to Longshot
- Recommendations for a comics newcomer
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor vs. Celestials, as Judgment War concludes!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
In which we answer 45 straight minutes of your questions and alienate everyone with our answer to Jean vs. Emma, Miles is probably too nice to win in a fight, we are really into The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Rachel is the Vega to Miles’s Shepard, Excalibur is awesome, you should stop punching the DNA, Wolverine is Rogue, Longshot is the prettiest man, and Professor X is a pufferfish.
- Who would win in a fight
- The Rachel & Miles Fastball Special
- Backissues, collections, and where to find them
- Podcaster ‘shipping
- Rachel Summers (more) (again)
- Five tattoos
- Non-X stuff we’re into
- X-Force versus the Comics Code Authority
- Ultimate X-Men
- How to keep track of crossovers
- Textual queerness
- The Siege Perilous
- Jean vs. Emma
- Some good Nightcrawler and Iceman stories
- Dream teams
- The Glammest Timeline
- Best and worst code names
- Bendis’s X-books
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Next week: The Dark Phoenix Saga