In which we return triumphant from hiatus; it’s still always Inferno in here; no one should ever under any circumstances date Cameron Hodge; Kenneth is a fundamentally hilarious name; Magneto’s family gets retconned to death; Pterosaurs are still the absolute worst; and Magik totally deserves a sidekick.
- Ka-Zar’s real name
- Shanna the She-Devil
- Our new production set-up
- What we did on our summer vacations
- Previously on X-Men
- Further limits of the mutant metaphor
- Uncanny X-Men #273-275
- A crisis of leadership
- A comic that is a metaphor that is also a comic
- Cable’s OkCupid profile
- Changing creative dynamics on the X-line
- Archangel’s middle name
- Gambit vs. Wolverine
- Censorship Steam
- The protean X-bathroom
- Magneto’s retconned family
- Colonel Semyanov
- A perhaps ill-conceived team-up
- The Self-Styled Mistress of Magnetism
- Some remarkably lucky timing
- The semantics of heel turns
- Gender and sidekicks
- Mr. Sinister’s powers
NEXT EPISODE: The end of New Mutants!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Listen to the podcast here!
In which Phoenix has nothing on Jamie Madrox when it comes to retcons, Pterosaurs have super punchable faces, Colossus gets laid, we are uninterested in the Savage Land, Wolverine and Storm are both pretty interesting, smiling costs extra if you’re Doctor Doom, Banshee saves the day, Alpha Flight tries, Angry Hovercraft Guy comes back, and Proteus is fairly upsetting.
- X-Men #109, 114-16, 118-122, and 125-128
- Multiple Man
- The Savage Land
- Shi’ar mustache technology
- Karl Lykos
- Misty Knight
- Colleen Wing
- Wolverine in Japan
- Moses Magnum
- A Heist
- Angus McWhirter, disgruntled hovercraft rental guy
- Alpha Flight
- Team Dynamics
- Why you always leave a note
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Next week: Secret origins, shipper wars, the Siege Perilous, and which of us would win in a fight.