In which we return triumphant from hiatus; it’s still always Inferno in here; no one should ever under any circumstances date Cameron Hodge; Kenneth is a fundamentally hilarious name; Magneto’s family gets retconned to death; Pterosaurs are still the absolute worst; and Magik totally deserves a sidekick.
- Ka-Zar’s real name
- Shanna the She-Devil
- Our new production set-up
- What we did on our summer vacations
- Previously on X-Men
- Further limits of the mutant metaphor
- Uncanny X-Men #273-275
- A crisis of leadership
- A comic that is a metaphor that is also a comic
- Cable’s OkCupid profile
- Changing creative dynamics on the X-line
- Archangel’s middle name
- Gambit vs. Wolverine
- Censorship Steam
- The protean X-bathroom
- Magneto’s retconned family
- Colonel Semyanov
- A perhaps ill-conceived team-up
- The Self-Styled Mistress of Magnetism
- Some remarkably lucky timing
- The semantics of heel turns
- Gender and sidekicks
- Mr. Sinister’s powers
NEXT EPISODE: The end of New Mutants!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!