Listen to the podcast here.
147 – The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which the New Mutants get a new status quo (and new costumes); we have deeply mixed feelings about Rob Liefeld; Cable is the comprehensive sex-ed to Xavier’s staunch denial and Magneto’s abstinence-only; Rictor gets a new dad by right of arms; and you should totally come party with us at Emerald City Comic Con!
- Feral Wolverine
- Jay & Miles at Emerald City Comic Con
- New Mutants #90, 91, 93, and 94
- Early Rob Liefeld
- Caliban vs. Sabretooth
- Vertical spreads
- Stately Xavier Ruins
- How to confuse Freedom Force
- Imaginary fashions of the early ’90s
- How Rictor’s father may or may not have died
- The New Mutants’ new uniforms
- A lovingly-rendered butt
- Improv with Apocalypse
- The mystery of Rictor’s shirt
- Seismic weaving
- The Japanese branch of the MLF (Kamikaze, Sumo, and Dragoness)
- The Mutual Liberation Front
- Diana, Warrior Princess (again)
- Several kisses
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor Fights Yuppie LARPers or Something
CORRECTION: In this episode, Jay referred to Bob Harras as Editor-in-Chief of Marvel in 1990. Tom DeFalco was in fact Editor-in-Chief; Harras was the X-Men line editor.
The visual companion to this episode will be up later this week!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)